Sam Gyimah has been made Universities and Science Minister for England in Theresa Might’s authorities reshuffle.
Mr Gyimah’s function straddles the Division for Schooling and the Division for Enterprise, Vitality and Industrial Technique.
He replaces Jo Johnson, who has been made Transport Minister.
Mr Gyimah, 41, will work alongside the newly appointed Education Secretary, Damian Hinds, who’s changing Justine Greening.
What else can we learn about him?
- born in Buckinghamshire however spent a few of his childhood in his mom’s native Ghana
- studied philosophy, politics and economics at Somerville School, Oxford
- labored for Goldman Sachs for 5 years earlier than choosing a profession in politics
- turned Conservative MP for East Surrey in 2010
- served as a authorities whip and was parliamentary personal secretary to the previous Prime Minister, David Cameron, from 2012 to 2013
- campaigned to stay within the European Union
- was prisons minister, earlier than taking over the put up as universities minister on Tuesday
- married with two youngsters.
In a tweet, Mr Gyimah stated he was trying ahead to taking over his new function.
Printed at Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:32:24 +0000